Thursday, October 7, 2010

A busy September

September has been and gone already and I didn't manage to put up a post, however, I have an excuse...I was busy having a baby! Our little boy was born early on in the month and has been keeping me busy ever since.

Even though he was born here in Switzerland, he can only apply for citizenship after he has lived here for 12 years, so as soon as we receive his birth certificate we will register his birth in New Zealand and the U.S. We then need to apply for a passport for him as we are heading back to New Zealand for one month over Christmas and New Year (I promise to deliver on the photos this time!). I must admit I won't be sorry to miss a whole month of Winter but I'm also glad to be able to have time enough to soak up all the Christmas markets, in fact who am I kidding, I'm absolutely ecstatic about it!


Meanwhile, Fall is slowly making its way to Zürich and I have to admit that I love this time of year. I think it started in Japan when we got to see the Momiji in the beautiful temples and parks, and continued over to the States where the beautiful weather was accompanied by fun things like Halloween and Thanksgiving. I'm not sure what there is to see and do in Switzerland this time of year but we'll get to share it with our new family member, which will make it special enough. 

Japan 2008
Fall colours in Kyoto



U.S.A 2009
Preparing for Halloween in Atlanta with the buying of pumpkins and a visit to the Oakland Cemetery.

 Switzerland 2010
These fields and forest are in our neighbourhood and make for a lovely walk on a nice Autumn day, and the beer garden at the half way mark makes for a nice resting point!
 







No comments:

Post a Comment